- Demonstrate proof of local residence.
- Complete an application with address, phone (home and work), email, and driver’s license number.
- Seasonal residents are asked to deposit $20 to be refunded at the end of their stay.
- Log in to your account with your 14 digit library card number (your password is your last name
in lower case).
- Search the catalog to locate the item you want to request.
- Click the box next to the item, then click “PIace Hold” at upper right.
- Verify the hold by going to “Holds” in your account.
- You will receive an email and phone call when the book arrives at Dolores Public Library.
- If the item is not picked up within a week, the item is returned to the lending library.
- Log on to your account on the Online Catalog.
- Click “Renew” for the appropriate item.
- The new renewal date will appear.
- It will tell you how many renewals are available for that item.
- Contact the library to inform them of your intention to donate.
- Verify that the books are in GOOD condition with nothing missing or damaged.
- Consider donating a book in memory of a loved one, or to honor a family member.
- Participate in our First-to-Read program by purchasing a book ata reduced price.
- When donating books to the library, ask the librarian for a receipt for tax purposes.