Designed with students and educators in mind, Explora provides a safe, trustworthy environment for students to look up articles and facts for research papers, class projects or homework. A far better alternative to websites and search engines, Explora provides students with easy-to-use features and age-appropriate content from the world’s leading magazines and reference books. Available on computers with your library card number and pin (last name, all lowercase) Explora offers all of the following:
- High-quality articles licensed from reputable publishers, recognized by library professionals, and selected for use in a school environment
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic
- Topic Overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- Numeric reading-level indicators to help students and teachers find grade-appropriate articles
- No ads or pop-up windows
- COPPA compliancy, meaning EBSCO does not ask for or require personal information to use its databases
- Password-protected personal folders that allow students to save search results in a secure and organized holding area
- Citation help, including the ability to export citation information to online bibliography generators such as EasyBib and NoodleTools
Support the elementary school curriculum with high-quality content from popular children’s sources including full-text databases, e-books and digital magazines.
Support the middle school curriculum with high-quality content from popular 6th-8th grade sources including full-text databases, e-books and digital magazines.
Support the high school curriculum with high-quality content from popular 9-12th grade sources including full-text databases, e-books and digital magazines.
The Educator’s Edition of Explora highlights content relevant to teachers, including lessons plans, curriculum standards, and other professional development resources.